Uncovering People's Motivators and Values Using Psychological Tests
Values and motives psychometric assessments uncover the person's motivators and core values which can affect how they go about their work.
What you value in your work environment can also impact on your motivation and satisfaction, depending on whether those work aspects are available or not to you in your current role.
Understanding Motives and Values can assist in lowering Staff Turnover.
- If we define the culture and motivational factors available within an organisation and then we can screen candidates to ensure they will be motivated and satisfied in this environment.
- A case study in the financial services showed that by implementing a values and motives assessment into their recruitment screening process they reduced their employee turnover 62.5%, down from 48% to 18% in one year, which was a large return on investment (ROI) for the organisation.
Motives & Values assessments answer questions about an individual such as:
- “What motivates an individual to do well?”
- “What values does the individual bring with them to the job?”
- “How will the individual fit with the culture we have here?”
- “What type of work environment motivates the individual?”
- “Does our culture fit with the individual's values and motives?”
If we can discover employees wants, needs and drivers, then the organisation and manager can try to adapt parts of the individual’s role, environment, and the manager’s own leadership style to maximise the fit with the individual’s needs, and therefore enhance an individual’s motivation and job satisfaction.
Niche Consulting has the following motives and values assessments currently available:
We have other assessment tools in the following categories: